Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Food, Stitching and a Happy Dance

I arrived in Brighton Friday afternoon around 3pm. 















We all did some stitching for a bit.  This was my little area all ready to start
















and then it was time to eat.















Tons and tons of food!  My two favorites were a chip dip that Rebecca brought and the carmel dip that Barb brought. All the food was so good and yummy!!

We stitched some more... I went to bed at 1:30am and there were still a few up.

Saturday started with some stitching and then breakfast which was provided by the B&B.
Then there was more stitching.
Around 12:30 we headed over to knowledge and needles for some shopping and an amazing lunch provided by Chez Butthead (don't ask lol). Dan prepared pork chops, carrots, potatoes, ceasar salad and garlic bread.  Then it was topped off with cheesecake topped with caramel and toblerone.  All of it was so YUMMY!!!  I put a dent in my pocket book getting some awesome fabric and then it was back to the B&B

Saturday afternoon was spent with more stitching and some wine, cheese and lots of laughter.  Also late saturday afternoon I had my first real HAPPY DANCE of 2009.  Yes I finished Blackstone Fantasy Garden.



Other highlights of the weekend included an ornament exchange (I didn't take part this year), a few door prizes, a special door prize and than Dani gave everyone a special ornament she made.
Here is a pic of mine.  She did an amazing job on them... in fact all of the ornaments looked amazing!!





All in all an amazing weekend!
Thanks again to Ann from knowledge and needles and to all the other ladies including Dani, RebeccaKathy and Beatrice, for including me in your amazing group!


Bonnie

6 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Looks like you had a nice weekend.Thanks for sharing.
Be always in stitches

Rebel In Ontario said...

Glad you had a good time! I love your finish BTW....

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like you all had a super fantastic time! Congrats on finishing BFG - looks fantastic!

AnnMcD said...

We did have a good time! Your BFG looks amazing and you have enabled Clare to order the fabric, thread and chart! Way to go!

Beatrice said...

We had such a good time...
Great pictures!
BFG is sooooo amazing!!!

Alberta said...

Amazing finish and oh that table looked incredible!