Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

a scarecrow, a cat, and two frogs

I forgot to post earlier that I did finish the scarecrow at Rebecca's a few weeks ago!
Scarecrow ~ The cross stitcher magazine
Finished Oct 16, 2011


I did work on the TW the castle that night, but realized that I had messed up at least one colour.  With all the blending I felt it would be easier to frog it and start over :(
So... I spend 1.5 nights frogging and then restarted.

TW The Castle
As at October 23, 2011


This past saturday, I went on a road trip with a 3 stitching friends.  Around 9:30 Anne P., Beatrice, and Kathy picked me up and we went on our way to Quilts and Critters in Millbrook.  They were having they annual sale, and the 3 of them had never been.  First stop in Millbrook was a little shop called Bear Essentials.  It had losts of interesting things including tea pots, jewellery and art just to name a few.  Kathy pointed this little treasure out and I thought I just had to have it!
My new monthly ort container :)
Lets just hope this little guy keeps the nastly frogs away... I have had enough of them lately!!

On our way back from Millbrook we stopped at a wonderful little shop called Herma's.  Lots and lots of very neat things in there as well as well as a ton of Gourment food.  I walked out of there with some garlic oil, steak seasoning, pepper jelly, and some blackcurrent jam.  After lunch at the Buttermilk we headed to a book store to look at there selection of cross stitch magazines and then on to another fabric store in Cobourg called Stitch Witch.  There I noticed the cutest set of scissor and just had to get them
Cat scissors

Speacking of scissors, I got the new ginghers in the mail last week.. I think they are lovely!
Gingher Tessa

Other than boring course stuff, that is about it for now.  See you on Wednesday for TUSAL!




6 comments:

Janice and Gerald said...

Nice finish Bonnie - and I love the scissors and ORT container!

~ Janice ~

Lynn said...

Your new ort container looks very much like Kathy's! Let's hope it keeps those pesky frogs away from your stitching. Love your new scissors!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

lol love the ortty frog! You just hop from one to the next girl, and what better to hop into that one of TWD's. Gotta be the best the way I see it and I like AAN and IC too but nowhere near TWD.
Be always in stitches.

Beatrice said...

OH Bonnie we had such a good time on Sat.I loved all the stores, spent lots of money and had an awesome lunch.
Your frog is sweet and I love the scissors.

Carolyn NC said...

Cute finish and nice scissors and frog! Sounds like a fun trip!

Kajsa said...

Nice finish! Love the scissors!