Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How do you organize your stash?

I am in the middle of creating a stash room and getting all my cross-stitch stuff organized.
I thought this would be a great time to ask all of you how you organize your stash!

So... how do you organize your stash?  What about things like thread, fabric, charts, magazines, kreinik, beads?

Hopefully some time this week, I will be able to take a pic of where i'm at with my room.

Also, if you have a blog post about how you organize stuff, put in your comment.  I would LOVE to see pics as well :)

3 comments:

dxponhs1 said...

Bonnie,
I have my charts in a three drawer file cabinet in alphabetical order by designer. My sampler threads are in Floss Away storage bags then stored in a plastic shoe box in alphabetical order. My silks are going to be the same way when I can manage to get enough. My linen is stored in a large plastic tote with a tight lid and each piece is stored in it's own ziplock labeled with the count and color. I hope this helps and gives you some ideas.

Joysze said...

I have very little stash, so they all go into different keepsake boxes and into a dresser. The DMCs as all bobbinated and kept numerically in bobbin boxes and I bought a bead storage box from Joanns for extra beads.

One of these days I'll figure out what to do withe extra silks....

Denise said...

For my weeks and gentle arts and silks I bought the plastic sleeves that baseball cards go in and bought several large 3 ring binders. I find it easy to find my colors that way.
Happy Stitching
Denise