Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Late night fobbing

As the weekend got closer, I thought I would have lots of free time.  As it turned out, I was out most of Saturday doing various things like helping my church (45 minute drive each way), a stop at Micheals and Future shop, Tea latte at Starbucks and then home.  When I got back into town, I remembered a store I had been hearing about on the radio.  It was a beading store called Bears Beads.  I looked it up on my phone and then tried to find it.  Wasn't too hard thank goodness since they were to close is about 45 minutes.

It was a busy and exhausting day, but a productive one as well.

Last night around 10:30 I was wide awake, but my madalas were not calling to me at all, and didn't feel like getting one of my WIP's out.  I looked over at my pink scissors and thought I would go through the beads I bought at Micheals and the new store, and maybe make a fob for this pair.

2:30 am later
Beads organized
3 fobs made

All 3 done

Found the perfect charm, at the new store, for these
 little scissors

Close up on Pink Ribbon fob

Another pair of cheapies, but deserving of bling
Charm from stash

Love these purple beads. 
They were used on Kathy's fob I made for her

The reason I went for beads.  Thought I had
the perfect charm for these, but needed different beads
Ended up with different charm.

These yellow beads were another find from new store

Well i'm off to make tea (although for some reason I'm craving coffee this morning) and hopefully get some stitching on my winter mandala done.  It is WIPocolypse posting day tomorrow, and I would like a good update to post!

7 comments:

Rebel In Ontario said...

Love them all! I guess I should at some point post about my frog mom found me...still need the dish but looks so much nicer with my scissors out beside me.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great fobbing!!!

Lesleyanne said...

Your fobs are gorgeous.

Faye said...

I love those fobs! They all match the scissors just perfectly....Sometimes I can't get to sleep either...Atleast you put your night time to good use!! Faye

Denise said...

Your Fobs look great. Hopefully you get some sleep tonight!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous fobs :D

Lynn said...

While you were doing late night fobbing I was doing late night blogging. Sleep wasn't coming easy last night!
You were a little more productive than I was though. The fobs are beautiful and I like the charms on each.