Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A finish from 2002

My gramma put names on everything.  If it was a gift she would write on the back or bottom of it who it was from so that when she passed that person would get it back.  She joined my grandfather January 11, 2010.

A few months ago I received back a cross-stitch I made for her for Christmas in 2002.

The interesting thing about this piece, is it is the first project I did that was on anything but aida.  The owner at my old LNS talked me into trying even-weave for this and I have never looked back

Pattern unknown -
from a magazine in 2002 or earlier


I was going to put it up at home, but decided to hang in my office at work.  My walls are bare there as I have Growth Rings to get framed, but have yet to do that.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

How thoughtful of her to do that and so glad that it found it's way back to you. It now has even more meaning!

Dani - tkdchick said...

How awesome and what a great place to put it!

Bea said...

What a great idea your grandmother had! It's a lovely picture Bonnie and a good way to brighten your office.

sharine said...

What a great memory:)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching. Such a lovely way to remember your grandma.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story