Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Weeks 27/28/29 - small update, knitting, and TUSAL

Well I'm behind on my blog again....
Seems since my horrible cold and the long weekend, I can't keep up with it... but probably more due to the fact I have HARDLY STITCHED!

yes... you read that right!

Here is what I have done though...

1) Started the new Dutch tile SAL from Lakeside Needlework and Peppermint Purple.  I finished part 1 on July 17th


2) I took a beginner knitting class in May.  Since then I have made a few dishcloths and then started a baby blanket using a similar pattern.  I finished it on the 13th of July


3) I attended my first yarn trunk show on the 12th of July at Yarn It.  I picked up one skein of this beautiful Killarney Sock yarn that I am using for my first shawl.
Speaking of Knitting... anyone else on Revelry?  Please send me your username so I can add you as a friend :)

The Blue Brick Copper Slate Killarney Sock Yarn


Close up of Copper Slate
 
The start of the hitchhiker shawl
 
On the 13th I also met up with Dani and Christin who were passing through town on their way back to Ottawa.  Dani had never been to Primitive Designs, so we met there.  Dani got a pic of me petting a baby Dino :)


It was also TUSAL last week... here is my tiny bit of orts for the month!

I included week 29 in this post even though its not Sunday yet.
I am on holidays the week of the 23rd and with no major plans, I hope to get caught up in some stitching... at least start and finish my August Year in Chalk, and an ornament... that way the month won't feel like a total write off!

I hope to post a week 30 post on the 30th and then a monthly re-cap on the 31st..... keep your fingers crossed for me!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I've been thinking of joining the Dutch Tile SAL. Yours is coming along nicely. I love the knitted blanket. I am/was a member of Ravelry, but haven't been on the site for a very long time; user name is engrcath. Have fun with your new yarns and on your vacation.

Darlene said...

I love the Dutch Tile SAL. Your knitting is great. I am a member of Ravelry and my user name is craftyDarlene.

Cathy said...

The knitted blanket is beautiful. I love the colors. And the Dutch Tile project is really pretty!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Dutch Tile SAL looks like great fun. I'd be torn between blue on white or white on blue! Both look stunning.